Smith&Smith® is New Zealand's leading vehicle glass repair and replacement company, serving more motorists than any other repairer.
At Smith&Smith®, our aim is to fix your problem as quickly and as conveniently for you as possible.
We therefore give you the choice of where you want us to carry out the work. You can choose either to bring your vehicle into one of our locations throughout the country or, if it is more convenient for you, you can choose for one of our highly skilled Smith&Smith® Technicians to carry out the work at a place of your choosing – at home or work.
What’s more, as New Zealand's leading vehicle glass repair and replacement company, Smith&Smith® has established strong relationships with most of New Zealand’s major insurance companies, enabling us to help manage your claim, if you are claiming for the work on your vehicle insurance.
Environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility are a key focus for us at Smith&Smith®. We are happy to report that in 2015 we received a Silver Rating Award from the global sustainability rating platform EcoVadis.
EcoVadis is a rating platform for global supply chains. It is aligned with the Global Reporting Initiative, United Nation Global Compact, and ISO 26000 (the international standard providing guidance concerning social responsibility). In order to achieve an award EcoVadis evaluates a company within their business category on criteria including labour and fair business practices. Smith&Smith® was found to be within the Top 15% for all criteria within our category (maintenance and repair of motor vehicles).
Below are some examples of the initiatives we have implemented:
- Smith&Smith® implemented a program to recycle all glass from our main operating centres in Auckland, Mount Maunganui, Rangiora, Christchurch, Timaru, Dunedin and Invercargill.
- We are continuously looking at ways to increase our glass recycling program to include more of our nationwide locations.
- Our glass waste is recycled locally and internationally and is turned into items such as glass containers and glass wool insulation.
- Where in our control we have changed our energy supplier for our sites to 100% renewable energy sources.
- We assist our community by raising funds through internal initiatives, for example in 2015 and for a number of previous years the focus of our internal fund raising was to support Kids Foundation, and in 2016 we are raising funds to support the Salvation Army.
Smith&Smith® and Belron®
Smith&Smith® is part of Belron®, the world's leading vehicle glass company operating in 35 countries. In this section, you can find out more about who we are, what we do and how we can help you.
Learn key facts about Smith&Smith®, our core service and job opportunities with Smith&Smith®, and find out why we are so proud of our employees, our workmanship and our commitment to providing first class customer service to every one of our customers.
Best of Belron®
The 2016’ ‘Best of Belron® event was held in May in Lisbon, Portugal. The biennial event hosted by Belron® enables technicians to compete for the title of ‘Best Belron® Technician in the World’. Technicians from Belron® businesses across the world come to compete in this huge event.
Gary Riebesehi from Safelite USA was crowned as the winner at the 2016 event. Codey O'Leary from Smith&Smith® represented New Zealand in the competition.
Belron® is the world leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement.