These terms and conditions apply to your use of this web site. Please read them carefully. In using this web site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using the web site.
The information provided by Smith&Smith® as specified in this web site, including the internet presentation, is provided on the following terms and conditions of use:
In these terms and conditions "Smith&Smith®", "we" and "our" means Carglass (NZ) Limited (registration number:434172), whose registered office is 1 Rockridge Avenue, Penrose, Auckland, 1061, New Zealand.
Web Site Content and Access:
Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to keep the content of the web site up-to-date and accurate, Smith&Smith® does not warrant that the information on this web site is accurate, adequate, complete, up-to-date or free from errors or omissions. In particular, Smith&Smith® does not warrant any results or valuations which may be generated using the information provided on this web site nor do we accept responsibility for any loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of information contained on this web site.
Smith&Smith® is entitled to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on the web site from time to time.
Smith&Smith® may suspend, restrict, or terminate access to this web site at any time without notice. All disclaimers, indemnities or exclusions in these terms and conditions shall survive any such suspension, restriction or termination.
We do not guarantee that the web site will be fault free and we do not give any warranty that the web site is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
You are responsible for ensuring that the process which you employ for accessing this web site or downloading information from the web site does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. We do not accept responsibility for interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of, access to, or downloading of data from, this web site or any linked web site.
As part of our quality control procedures and to help us improve the service we give all our customers, when you speak with a Smith&Smith® Customer Service Representative by telephone, we may record your call.
Exclusions of Liability:
Any liability we may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the web site, or from any use of the web site or reliance on the data transmitted using the web site, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall we be liable for any loss of profit, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of the web site, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
Belron® , , GLASS MEDIC® and are registered trade marks or trade marks of Belron S.A. and its affiliated companies and are licensed in New Zealand to Carglass (NZ) Ltd t/a Smith&Smith.
Smith&Smith® and are registered trade marks or trade marks of Carglass (NZ) Limited t/a Smith&Smith.
The copyright in the material contained in the web site, together with the web site design, text and graphics, and their selection and arrangement and all software compilations and underlying source code belongs to Smith&Smith®, its subsidiaries or associated companies, licensors or providers of such information.
All rights are reserved. None of this material (including the trade marks) may be used, downloaded, copied, sold, leased, modified or otherwise exploited, reproduced or redistributed without our written permission. You may, however, download or print a single copy for your own personal use, to enable off-line viewing. It is not permitted to create a link to this web site without our prior written consent.
Linked Web Sites:
This web site may contain links to other web sites (linked web sites). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
Use of linked web sites is entirely at your own risk. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked web sites.
Our links with the linked web sites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked web sites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked web sites.
Security of Information:
We implement data security safeguards based upon generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or loss.
Nonetheless, no data security techniques are 100% effective and where information is transmitted over the Internet, there is always some element of risk involved in sending personal information. We can not therefore guarantee the security of personal information.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Amendments to Terms and Conditions:
We may amend these terms and conditions at any time by publishing the amended terms and conditions on the web site.
These web site terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts, to which both parties submit.
By using our services or accessing our website, you agree to the following:
1. Data Security:
Please note the terms of our statement on security
2. Communicating with you:
- Each time you use our service, we may send you an email a SMS or call you by telephone to verify the order and confirming details of the goods or services requested and for the purposes of communicating with you in relation to any goods or services you may have requested. We also reserve the right to send you our service email communications from time to time regarding any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our website, and our products and services that we consider appropriate. You may unsubscribe from these notices by replying to any such notice with the word "unsubscribe" in the headline, or by contacting our Data Protection Officer whose details appear below.
- As part of our quality control procedure we may record incoming and outgoing calls.
- We may use and disclose your personal information to our related companies (including any joint ventures in which we or our related companies are participants) or to our third party suppliers for commercial purposes, including (as appropriate) providing goods or services to you (including processing your credit card payments), informing you of our other products and services, and to contact you to request information on the level of service we provided to you. We may use and disclose your personal information, whether collected directly by us or by an authorised third party (including your insurance company).
- Customer satisfaction research, market research, or research looking at how to develop or improve services, may be conducted by a third party on our behalf. These third party companies may be located outside of New Zealand, and will have access only to the personal information needed to perform their research functions and not for any other purposes. Where appropriate, these companies are bound by confidentiality agreements not to disclose any information for any other purpose. You are able to request in advance not to be contacted by our research company by contacting our Data Protection Officer, whose details appear below.
3. Information shared:
- This website uses Speed-Trap software to collect visitor behaviour data. This data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimisation purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used for this purpose, but only to collect and save data in anonymous form. The collected data will not be used to identify a visitor personally and is not aggregated with your personal information.
- We may disclose your personal information to any appropriate investigative third party if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers; (3) prevent fraud; (4) protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of our website; or (5) protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (eg. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we may disclose such information about you as we have to assist any type of investigation into your actions).
- We may transfer our customer database, including personal information contained therein, to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or stock in our company or our website service whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise.
Our website contains links to other websites, solely for your convenience. Please note, these links do not constitute or imply investigation, verification or endorsement of any linked website by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most frequently. This traffic information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier. If you wish to reject our cookies, you can configure your browser to do so.
6. Access to and Deletion of your Personal Information:
- Supply of your personal information to us is voluntary. At all times, you have the right to inspect your personal information and to request correction where it is in error.
- We are required to retain your account information which may include personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of your last interaction with us (this could be a sales transaction, or some other interaction with us via our advisors or our website). This is because we may need to access historical information for regulatory and business reporting purposes.
Data Protection Officer
1 Rockridge Avenue
8. Changes to this policy: