Head of Business Insight & Pricing
Carglass (NZ) Limited is the holding company that includes Smith&Smith®, New Zealand's leading vehicle glass repair and replacement company, and Laser Group Services whose members are plumbing and electrical experts. We are part of the Belron Group whose 30,000 employees are active in over 30 countries providing services with real care to our customers.
We have ambitious growth plans and to support this growth, we are seeking an experienced manager to lead our Business Insights & Pricing team who are experts in supporting our philosophy of data driven decision making.
As the Head of Business Insight & Pricing you will ensure that people within our Group have access to world class insight, measurement and reporting to fulfil our purpose and achieve our overarching ambition. The role is responsible for defining and implementing our data strategy as the basis for producing high quality actionable insights to decision makers across the business. In addition, the role will lead our pricing framework and ensure that we provide competitive pricing that is valued by our customers and profitable for our business.
You are a subject matter expert in the area of data-driven insight and decision-making, and as such will demonstrate leadership within the Group, use evidence to support the Executive and National Leadership Team to set direction and build strong relationships across the organisation.
In addition to this, as the pricing subject matter expert, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of pricing strategy, structures, policies and procedures. Providing insight and strategies to support the achievement of short and long-term business requirements.
As an inspiring and purposeful leader, it is essential that you are customer driven, enjoy navigating uncertainty and complexity, and love nurturing cultures where people can perform at their best. Your role as part of our National Leadership Team is to engage and inspire our people by bringing our values to life and create a workplace that our people describe as a "great place to work".
This role reports into the Group Strategy & Finance Director and is a great opportunity to make a career advance by providing insights that stand the "So what?" test.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead the Business Insights strategy and roadmap for the Group and provide thought leadership and reporting to executives and managers across the Group
- Collaborate, consult and engage with key stakeholders to identify insights use cases to be delivered by the insights and pricing team
- Formulate hypotheses, interact with business sponsors and iteratively finalise outcomes and insights by assimilating signals from multiple sources and present the information in a user-friendly way to the executive and national leadership team
- Setting pricing strategy for the Group and tracking adherence to pricing targets and reporting out to the organisation on a regular basis
- Ensure that relevant pricing strategies exist and remain relevant by segments and/or customers, that are effective and aligned with business objectives and goals
- Maintain a suite of accessible and insight-based tools that enable key decision makers to self-serve information
- Reviewing business segments across the Group with sub-optimal pricing and proposing strategies to improve the pricing contributing to margin improvement
- Incorporate data science and machine learning principles (where possible) along with statistical techniques to generate next level of insights
- Coach and mentor current insights and pricing team, empower and enable them to do the best work of their careers, and identify gaps in capability and skills for future needs
- Become a game changer who positively affects overall company strategy and growth
- Evidence of drawing insight from various sources of data (both quantitative and qualitative) to inspire change and influence action
- Developed reporting capability and internal communications of data and insight to continually measure and optimise business performance
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach to decision-making and problem-solving, challenging and supporting colleagues, to influence and inspire others to act
- Quantifiable improvements in development, delivery and uptake of products and services due to increased insight into current and new markets, and customers across Smith & Smith and Laser
- Bachelor / Master's Degree in a highly quantitative subject
- Track record in delivering successful outcomes from business insights and analytics gained in large-scale, fast paced corporate settings
- Have a demonstrable proficiency in reporting, analytical and modelling tools (we use SSRS, Power BI, Cognos TM1 and EXCEL)
- Experience in designing and successfully implementing data architectures that optimise reporting and data integrity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organisation
This role requires someone with an intellectually curious mindset, an upbeat positive attitude and importantly a focus on delivering outcomes. You understand the drivers of a business and are commercially savvy.
For a confidential discussion or more information, please email email@example.com or call 0278375087.
If you are a motivated Business Insights & Pricing professional seeking an amazing career opportunity, apply now.
|Job description:||Download PDF|
|Business unit:||Strategy & Finance|