By using our services or accessing our website, you agree to the following:
1. Data Security:
Please note the terms of our statement on security.
2. Collection of Personal Information:
We may collect personal information from you when you use this website and also when you interact with us other means, e.g.: by phone, by correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), at one of our branches or when we attend at premises to provide services. Please refer to the sections below for more about the information collected from our website and also about how we may use and disclose personal information.
3. Information we collect from you through this website:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Some sections of our website invite you to complete online forms or otherwise provide us with information, including your personal information, to assist us in making a booking for you or to correspond with you. Now or in the future, we may be able to access the information you input to into our website, including any personal information which you provide. This is so even if you do not actually submit your information to us (eg you do not finalise the requesting an appointment form) and in these cases we may use this information to ask you whether you require our service. This information will include any information which you provide to us such as:
- your name, home or office and/or other personal address, telephone numbers, email address and other contact details;
- your vehicle and insurance or fleet membership details; and
- records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us.
4. Communicating with you:
- Each time you use our service, we may send you an email a SMS or call you by telephone to verify the order and confirming details of the goods or services requested and for the purposes of communicating with you in relation to any goods or services you may have requested. We also reserve the right to send you our service email communications from time to time regarding any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our website, and our products and services that we consider appropriate. You may unsubscribe from these notices by replying to any such notice with the word "unsubscribe" in the headline, or by contacting our Data Protection Officer whose details appear below.
- As part of our quality control procedure we may record incoming and outgoing calls.
- We may use and disclose your personal information to our related companies (including any joint ventures in which we or our related companies are participants) or to our third party suppliers for commercial purposes, including (as appropriate) providing goods or services to you (including processing your credit card payments), informing you of our other products and services, and to contact you to request information on the level of service we provided to you. We may use and disclose your personal information, whether collected directly by us or by an authorised third party (including your insurance company).
- Customer satisfaction research, market research, or research looking at how to develop or improve services, may be conducted by a third party on our behalf. These third party companies may be located outside of New Zealand, and will have access only to the personal information needed to perform their research functions and not for any other purposes. Where appropriate, these companies are bound by confidentiality agreements not to disclose any information for any other purpose. You are able to request in advance not to be contacted by our research company by contacting our Data Protection Officer, whose details appear below.
5. Information shared:
- We may disclose your personal information to any appropriate investigative third party if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers; (3) prevent fraud; (4) protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of our website; or (5) protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (e.g.: if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we may disclose such information about you as we have to assist any type of investigation into your actions).
- We may transfer our customer database, including personal information contained therein, to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or stock in our company or our website service whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise.
Our website contains links to other websites, solely for your convenience. Please note, these links do not constitute or imply investigation, verification or endorsement of any linked website by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
For information on cookies or cookie related information please refer to our Cookie Use Policy
8. Access to and Deletion of your Personal Information:
Supply of your personal information to us is voluntary. At all times, you have the right to inspect your personal information and to request correction where it is in error.
We are required to retain your account information which may include personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of your last interaction with us (this could be a sales transaction, or some other interaction with us via our advisors or our website). This is because we may need to access historical information for regulatory and business reporting purposes.
Data Protection Officer
1 Rockridge Avenue
10. Changes to this policy: